I have feeling, that majority didn’t hear anything about Brabham BT62. It is unique the world’s most track focused hyper-car made by Brabham Automotive. This model has been designed and engineered to demand more from its driver. It is a car for those who want to challenge themselves.
The way how she sounds… It is unbelievable. Every race car should sound the same. Car weight is only 972kg and power comes from a 5.4 litre V8 engine which produces 710ps (700bhp, 522kW) and 667 Nm (492 ft/lb) of torque.
Brabham Automotive is the next chapter of the iconic Brabham marque. A performance-oriented OEM, its first car is the Brabham BT62, a track-focused unrestricted GT car with an option to convert it into a road compliant variant. With its headquarters in Adelaide, Australia, Brabham dates back to 1948 when Sir Jack Brabham commenced his racing career and continues today with his son David Brabham, with Brabham Automotive.
This car will make its racing debut in a two-hour Britcar Endurance Championship meeting at the famed Brands Hatch circuit on 9-10 November 2019. The BT62 will appear on an invitational basis at this season-ending race on the Britcar calendar.
- Front and rear carbon on carbon
- Front 27/65 R18 , rear 31/71 R18
- Type – Mid mounted longitudinal V8
- Bore x Stroke mm – 94×97
- Total displacement cc – 5387
- Compression ratio – 10.5:1
- Maximum power – 522 KW (700HP) @ 7400 rpm
- Maximum torque – 667Nm (492lb/ft) @ 6200 rpm
- Overall Length mm – 4460
- Overall width mm – 1950
- Height mm – 1200
- Wheelbase mm – 2695
- Front track mm – 1649
- Rear track mm – 1597
- Weight – 972 kg
- Weight Distribution – 41%/59% (Wet with driver)
- Fuel tank capacity – 125 L
- Carbon Kevlar wheel houses
- Commemorative engraved rear wing endplates
- Rear quarter light panels incorporating motorsport quick-fill fuel fillers
- Left hand drive (RHD on request)
- Bespoke lightweight carbon fibre body panels
- Gold vehicle badging
- Commemorative colour scheme or celebration colour scheme (chassis no dependant)
- Motorsport air jack system
- Lightweight combined chassis & roll over protection system